The history of the company Contri Spumanti is strictly connected to its founder: Luciano Contri, class of 1938, born in Cazzano di Tramigna.
At the age of fifteen, while Luciano was preparing to begin his studies on oenology, the family experienced great difficulties due to a serious illness that affected his father Luigi and forced him to stay away from home for two entire years.
It was the over 90 grandfather, founder of the family business, Domenico (nicknamed in the village PACENA, today one of the brands of the firm) to support Luciano during that period. His experience and wisdom, together with the goodwill and spirit of sacrifice of the grandson, succeeded in compensating the absence of Luigi.
Tempered by the daily sacrifice and strong for of the teachings received, reached the age of majority in 1959, he established the personal business Luciano Contri, converted in 1980 into the firm Contri Spumanti S.p.A., starting the production of sparkling and semi-sparkling wines.
Today the reins of the company have been taken over by the son Paolo Contri, who continues the policy of the father in keeping the business on the cutting-edge as a leading player in the sector.
Technological vanguard and automation of processes, ensure the productive process efficiency and the reduction of the production costs.
Adaptation to the requirements of the most famous quality systems, from planning, to production and logistic.
Constant renewal and expansion of the productive premises and the automation of the logistic areas.
Ability of the firm to answer and be adaptable to the changing demands of the market, by developing new types of products and bottle sizes and personalised packaging
All those things have enabled the consolidation and steady growth of the business in the main foreign markets through the years. Results have been confirmed by the awards and recognitions achieved in the most important wine contests on an international level.
The head quarter of the firm Contri Spumanti S.p.A. is located in Cazzano di Tramigna, here you will find the main offices, the historical production plant and the logistic centre. Business and administrative activities, quality control and production management are performed and coordinated by the head quarter. The production activity is divided by product types between two plants.
PRODUCTION PLANT IN CAZZANO DI TRAMIGNA (Verona)
Storage capacity: 45.000 hectolitres in autoclaves for the production of semi-sparkling and sparkling wines and other 45.000 hectolitres in stainless steel storage tanks.
Bollting lines: two main bottling lines for semi-sparkling and sparkling wines with a production capacity of 12.000 and 18.000 bottles per hour; a smaller bottling line dedicated to the production of still wines with a production capacity of 12.000 bottles per hour; completely automated and flexible in term of formats and packaging system.
PRODUCTION PLANT IN CAMPOGALLIANO (Modena)
In continuous enlargement, the production plant of Campogalliano, in the province of Modena. The production is mainly focused on the typical local wines and in particular Lambrusco IGT dell’Emilia, in the typologies semi-sparkling, white semi-sweet, rosè semi-sweet and red semi-sweet or dry. Recently introduced the typologies of the Lambrusco DOC Modena, Sorbara, Salamino di Santa Croce, Grasparossa di Castelvetro and the sparkling Pignoletto DOC.
Storage capacity: 22.000 hectolitres in autoclaves for the production of semi-sparkling and sparkling wines.
Bottling lines: one bottling line mainly for the production of semi-sparkling and sparkling wines with a production capacity of 12.000 bottles per hour.
A particular attention is paid to the correct storage of our products and to the logistic organisation. Our warehouse personnel takes good care of the organisation of deliveries in the local territories and loads for foreign markets, aiming to reduce the lead time and ensure the complete satisfaction of the clients.
The logistic centre in Cazzano di Tramigna reaches today 10.000 squares metres, whereas in the production site of Campogalliano 2.000 square metres are available and an automated storage warehouse operates with 4.200 pallet positions.